Reporting to the Chief Finance & Operations Officer, the Director of Technology is responsible for managing all aspects of technology at New York Cares. This includes, but is not limited to: infrastructure, web platforms, database platforms, fundraising and financial processing platforms, cybersecurity, network services, phone and voicemail systems, and day-to-day workstation use. They will also manage and execute development efforts on all web and database platforms. While this is a very “hands-on” position, the Director must be able to engineer and implement strategic plans. This position has three direct reports.
The position’s key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Creating and executing short-term and long-term strategic plans for all technology platforms;
- Architecting/Developing on the Salesforce.com platform (Apex, Visualforce);
- Managing administration and development around our web platform; Collaborating with vendors on advanced development as needed;
- Managing and prioritizing day-to-day feature requests, bug fixes, and wish list items for all technology systems;
- Managing all aspects of technical infrastructure;
- Managing cybersecurity initiatives;
- Managing three direct reports: Manager of Technology, Manager of Business Systems, and Web Developer;
- Creating and managing the implementation of an annual work plan;
- Managing large-scale technology projects and keeping projects on deadline (and at/under budget, if applicable);
- Managing Disaster Recovery and System Continuity planning, implementation, and testing;
- Assisting technology staff in responding to technical emergencies or outages;
- Training staff, as needed, on current technology and feature enhancements;
- Staying current with changes in technology; and
- Other duties, as assigned.
The ideal candidate has at least five years’ experience working as a Salesforce administrator and developer, at least five years’ experience working as a full-stack web developer, and has experience planning and troubleshooting technological infrastructure. They will have the technical skills listed below as well as the ability to become proficient in areas deemed necessary for the effective running of the Organization in the future:
- Creation and customization of Salesforce Objects, Record Types, Page Layouts, Fields (including advanced formulas, lookups, and master-detail), Apps, Tabs, Profiles, Security, Users, Approval Processes, Workflow, Reports, and Dashboards;
- Proficiency with Apex and Visualforce in relation to a Salesforce instance, as well as all Salesforce APIs;
- Experience importing and extracting data from Salesforce via tools such as the Data Loader or programmatically through APIs;
- Experience managing on-premise and cloud-based servers (Microsoft and VMWare), as well as phone/voicemail systems, networking, and printers/copiers;
- Knowledge of data validation and data cleanup techniques. Experience transferring data between multiple systems a plus; and
- MS Excel and MS Word, specifically when used to manipulate and analyze data (Excel VLookup and Pivot Tables a must).
- Documentation on both general and complex business processes across all platforms;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to multitask and prioritize multiple requests;
- Excellent problem-solving skills;
- Comfort to creatively brainstorm problems with the Technology department, and across the organization, to determine the most efficient and accurate solution to a problem;
- Ability to work independently and as a team;
- Ability to reasonably estimate the time for tasks and then meet deadlines set by those estimates;
- Professional demeanor;
- Excellent communications skills (both written and verbal); Ability to translate technical jargon to non-technical staff and vice-versa;
- Ability to occasionally work after hours for planned downtime or emergency problem solving;
Salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include a generous health insurance plan, a retirement plan, and more.
Please submit a cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line Director of Technology.