Why Support Us?
By donating to New York Cares, you’re supporting the hundreds of organizations we work with citywide. We design programs to address issues like hunger and homelessness. We also recruit, train, and manage hundreds of thousands of volunteers each year. Fiscal responsibility is at the core of our operation, ensuring as many donor dollars as possible go directly to the communities we serve.
You can make a one-time donation or become a monthly donor.
Ways to Contribute
- Make a donation. We now accept ApplePay, PayPal and crypto currency, in addition to traditional payment methods.
- Match your time or money. Check if your employer will match your donation or the value of your time volunteering.
- Support us as a company. To learn more, fill out our Corporate Inquiry Form.
- Host a livestream. Follow these instructions to start a charity stream on Twitch, Facebook, or YouTube.
- Involve friends and family. Host a virtual fundraiser. Past events have included fitness classes and music performances. Or take part in one of our seasonal events and encourage your community to contribute to your fundraiser. You can also sell unneeded items through Nextdoor’s Sell for Good program and encourage others to do the same.
- Fundraise through sports events. Join our avid group of athletes known as Cares Champions who raise money through bike tours and marathons.
- Make a stock transfer. New York Cares can receive stock donations via the Depository Trust System (DTC).
- Long term contributions. Consider setting up a payroll deduction or a bequest. Contact our Individual Giving team at email@example.com for more information.