The mission of MMCC is to improve the lives of Bronx and Manhattan residents with a dedication to humanitarian efforts; reaching out to a rich tapestry of cultures, building gateways to success through quality service and programs, building confidence, sustainability and working toward self-sufficiency for the individuals they serve.
WHAT: Volunteers will assist with the day-to-day running of the food pantry, and a well-stocked, hygienic food pantry. As a gentle reminder, please wear closed-toed shoes for the pantry. Volunteers will be contributing to reducing hunger and food insecurity in the community and improving the lives of community members by providing food security and supporting services.
- Keep food pantry clean and organized
- Assist Food Pantry Supervisor in stocking shelves
- Ensure that food quality is maintained through appropriate sorting activities, and communicate and issues to Food Pantry Supervisor
- Assist Food Pantry Supervisor as needed
- Foster an optimistic environment of kindness, community, mutual respect, and effective communication with all guests, staff, and volunteers
- All MMCC Volunteers must show proof of full vaccination, 1st dose, or must show a negative PCR COVID-19 test each time you are interested in volunteering.
- Must be dependable and punctual
- Ability to lift 20+ pounds
- Must be 16+ years old to apply
- A positive, friendly, and non-judgmental approach
- Bilingual in Spanish, English, or Bengali is a plus -All MMCC Volunteers must show proof of full vaccination, 1st dose, or must show a negative PCR COVID-19 test each time you are interested in volunteering effective September 13th. Unfortunately, starting October 6th all volunteers must by full vaccinated or have the first dose of the vaccine. Weekly negative PCR COVID-19 tests will NOT be acceptable.
- Fill out a Volunteer form
- Background check if you are 18+
WHERE: 3450 Mosholu Montefiore Community Center, The Bronx, NY 10467
WHEN: Monday - Thursday | Shifts: 9:00am-1:00pm | 1:00pm-4:00pm
TO APPLY: Email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit https://www.mmcc.org/volunteer/ for next steps.
*This is not a New York Cares project*