88% of survivors return to their abusers, largely due to financial pressures, and Shine Foundation's mission is to change that. They provide free financial education to survivors who have recently experienced or escaped from their abusive situations. In doing so, they strive to help survivors get back on their feet, financially, so that they may leave the abuse, for good.
They are currently seeking facilitators who are engaging, energetic, and can make financial content exciting and fun! Successful facilitators understand the importance of engagement and user experience in the teaching process and have the client’s interests in mind. Volunteers will be placed at various shelter sites across the city to facilitate these 4-6 hour classes each week.
- Design activities and lesson plans
- Facilitate classes, one or multiple classes over a scheduled program
- Work with support team to create long-term follow-up and success plans
- Conduct research and preparation for classes as needed
- 3+ years of prior experience working with similar client population or prior facilitation/teaching experience
- Strong communication skills
- Introspective humility
- Experience creating content or lesson plans that are fun and exciting
- Ability to work well in a team environment
Various shelter sites across NYC
4-6 hours each week, varies depending on volunteer availability, starting February 24, and would be a one-year commitment
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*This is not a New York Cares project*