helpNYC is a peer driven community initiative that educates, advocates for, and provides direct services to people who are in need. They promote Human Rights, Social Justice, and social and economic opportunities. Their belief that people are the experts in their own lives is the essence of their work.
WHAT: helpNYC seeks applicants for the position of Volunteer Social Media Manager. The Social Media Manager will support helpNYC in their mission by expanding their reach to help more New Yorkers get access to the help and support they deserve.
- Establish and maintain the organization's social media calendar
- Working in tandem with the Communications Manager ensure brand consistency across all communication streams
- Creating consistent, meaningful content on all social media streams, including writing, and editing social media posts, improving engagement, and promoting social media campaigns
- Communicating with social media followers
- Exploring opportunities with influencers
- Use analytical tools to make recommendations and communication presence and engagement
- Preparing monthly communications reports for leadership
- Make suggestions on how to optimize the organization’s use of communications
- Build the culture and role of the position within the organization
- Build and define the position’s capacity and identify funding opportunities.
- Performing other duties when needed
- Bachelor’s degree or High School diploma and vocational experience in related field preferred.
- Ideal candidate has cultural and societal competency.
- Thorough knowledge of communications, publicity, and marketing management and strategy.
- 3 or more years of experience planning and managing content in a corporate or agency setting, nonprofit organization experience preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in the English language. Multilingual skills preferred.
- Excellent knowledge, understanding, and experience with Google Workspace and other Google development tools; Mailchimp and other mass communication tools.
- Knowledge of remote working best practices and etiquette.
- Personal computer and reliable internet connection.
WHEN: 10 hours per week minimum, applicants can choose one day M-F for 10 hours or two days M-F for 5 hours each
TO APPLY: Visit their Website at www.helpnyc.co/who-we-are/opportunities. Applicants should submit their cover letter, resume, and supporting documents to opportunities@helpNYC.co with the position title in the subject line.
*This is not a New York Cares project*