helpNYC is a peer driven community initiative that educates, advocates for, and provides direct services to people who are in need. They promote Human Rights, Social Justice, and social and economic opportunities. Their belief that people are the experts in their own lives is the essence of their work.
WHAT: helpNYC seeks applicants for the position of Volunteer Communications Manager to help support their mission, increasing accessibility to helpful resources for those in need throughout the five boroughs.
- Establish and maintain the organization's communication calendar.
- Ensures brand consistency across all communication streams.
- Creating consistent, meaningful content including writing and editing to improve engagement, and promote campaigns.
- Constructing brand consistent and relevant blog posts, event scripting and newsletters.
- Communicating with organizational stakeholders, funders, partners, and community members.
- Exploring opportunities with influencers and other strategically identified stakeholders.
- Use analytical tools to make recommendations for engagement.
- Preparing monthly reports for leadership.
- Make suggestions on how to optimize the organization’s use of communication tools and streams.
- Build the culture and role of the position within the organization.
- Build and define the position’s capacity and identify funding opportunities.
- Performing other duties when needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or High School diploma and vocational experience in related field preferred
- Ideal candidate has cultural and societal competency.
- Through knowledge of communications, publicity, and marketing management and strategy.
- 3 or more years of experience planning and managing content in a corporate or agency setting, nonprofit organization experience preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in the English language. Multilingual skills preferred.
- Excellent knowledge, understanding, and experience with Google Workspace and other Google development tools; Mailchimp and other mass communication tools.
- Knowledge of remote working best practices and etiquette.
WHEN: 10 hours per week minimum, applicants can choose one day M-F for 10 hours or two days M-F for 5 hours each
TO APPLY: Visit their Website at www.helpnyc.co/who-we-are/opportunities. Applicants should submit their cover letter, resume, and supporting documents to opportunities@helpNYC.co with the position title in the subject line.
*This is not a New York Cares project*