The Community Partner Relations Intern acts as a key support to the Community Partner Relations and Evaluation Department at New York Cares. Reporting to the Community Partner Relations Manager, this position will work to improve systems supporting nonprofit and school partners including onboarding, customer service, engagement, assessment, and overall support. The Community Partner Relations Intern will also perform research to analyze and enhance program quality, gather best practices and stories from the field, and perform other tasks as needed. The internship allows the opportunity to attend New York Cares volunteer projects and staff corporate service projects as needed.
- Respond to daily phone and email inquiries to email@example.com from nonprofits and schools, current Community Partners, and the general public
- Field program requests and assist with Community Partner intake and onboarding
- Post referral opportunities to the website and assist in the development of referral guides
- Assist with data management projects in Salesforce database
- Attend volunteer projects to gather stories from the field and assess program quality, as needed
- Staff corporate volunteer projects as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Enthusiasm for volunteering and community service
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills a must
- Professional demeanor, both in person and on the telephone
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills with an acute eye for detail
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Background or interest in research and assessment preferred
- A sense of humor
10-15 hours a week from January 2018 through May 2018. Schedule is flexible.
- Become a New York Cares volunteer
- Be part of a fun and supportive work environment
- Gain experience in developing organizational strategies
- Exposure to different nonprofit organizations and schools across NYC
- Learn about volunteer management and assessment
- Salesforce Database training
- This is an unpaid position
Please submit a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please include “Intern, Community Partner Relations” in Subject)
This is an unpaid position.
New York Cares is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.