Reporting to the Officer, Volunteer Relations, the Seasonal Recruitment and Onboarding Associate is responsible for recruiting, screening, and onboarding high-quality, culturally competent volunteers to primarily support our seasonal College Access and Tax Prep programs. This role works closely with Recruitment Associate and Volunteer Support teams to place Team Leaders and volunteers onto projects.
The Seasonal Recruitment and Onboarding Associate will employ a variety of recruitment tactics including targeted email communication and targeted phone call campaigns. They will be an expert in explaining program details with the aim of inspiring volunteer interest and placement.
This position is a full-time seasonal role. This engagement is for a limited term of approximately 30 - 35 hours per week, running from late October - March. This position can be done remotely.
- Develop and deploy recruitment tactics to match a diverse array of volunteers to projects.
- Ensure background check requirements are met for programs.
- Liaise across teams to ensure the most up-to-date program details are communicated and program milestones and recruitment goals are met
- Coordinate external recruitment tools (including but not limited to NYC Service, Volunteer Match, etc.)
- Background or interest in volunteer management, community engagement, and/or economic empowerment
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Professional demeanor
- Ability to be flexible, keep a sense of humor, and solve problems with confidence
- Confidence in public speaking and presentation; responsive, and resolute when interfacing with external partners.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect an ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks with excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrated success in working as part of an integrated team and take on additional tasks as necessary and adjust to changing priorities.
- Demonstrated commitment to community service and volunteerism.
- A flexible schedule, including the ability to work late evenings, early mornings and weekends, as needed.
- Local to the New York City area preferred but not required
$20 per hour; This engagement is for a limited term of approximately 30 – 35 hours per week, running from late October – March.
Apply via Indeed: Seasonal Recruitment and Onboarding Associate.
About Our Seasonal Programs (VITA & College Access)
- The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program provides tax return preparation support to low-income taxpayers at no-cost, each year providing volunteers with resources to return millions of dollars to New Yorkers.
- The College Access Program includes holistic tutoring and college readiness programs in partnership with NYC public high schools and community centers. The goal is to increase students' chances of getting into their college of choice and succeed there.