Are you passionate about making New York City a fun, educational, and impactful world for its children? Do you want to leverage the power of volunteers to do so?
Reporting to the Officer, Children’s Education Programs, this position supports New York Cares’ efforts to engage corporate and community partners through customized, large-scale service events that focus on educational and recreational enrichment for the children of New York City’s public schools, community centers, and family shelters. Volunteer projects, trainings, and events occasionally take place on weekends or outside traditional business hours.
- Plan customized volunteer projects for New York Cares’ corporate and community partners, primarily focusing on the enrichment of children. Popular examples include field days, science experiments, and field trips.
- Oversee all aspects of project planning and execution, including community outreach, partner engagement, budgeting and expense management, capacity planning, staffing, training, site visits, project evaluation, and new project development
- Guide community partners through the project planning process by reviewing expectations, scope, supply ordering, and volunteer management on the project day
- Staff volunteer projects for corporate volunteer groups
- Manage multiple project budgets
- Maintain relationships with volunteer and vendor partners, such as artists and contractors
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or minimum of two years’ work experience at a not-for-profit organization;
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills;
- Strong administrative and organizational skills, with an ability to multi-task;
- Exceptional systems thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a member of a team;
- Passion for and familiarity with education, recreation, or community programs,
- Ability to work outside for much of the day and capable of lifting/carrying supplies and equipment weight up to 35 pounds for events; and
- Commitment to volunteerism and corporate social responsibility.
$18/hour (35 hours/week). This is a seasonal position that runs from May 15 to Mid-August.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of the position in the subject line. New York Cares is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Peace Corps & AmeriCorps alumni are encouraged to apply.