Join a dedicated staff that is passionate about empowering New Yorkers to support and improve their local communities. Every year through New York Cares, nearly 52,000 people volunteer to help improve the lives of hundreds of thousands of fellow New Yorkers with a focus on improving education outcomes, meeting immediate needs, and developing our city’s public spaces. Position Overview The Corporate Project Manager will manage the planning and implementation of a complex employee service initiative for one of our highest-profile corporate partners. As the Corporate Project Manager, you will play a significant role in connecting corporate employees with community need through 50-60 service engagements over the summer. You will be a self-starter, comfortable interfacing with internal and external parties, with a commitment to providing outstanding customer service. This position offers the opportunity to learn and contribute to a best-in-class corporate service engagement program. This position will work as part of a highly collaborative and fun Corporate Relations team and will report to the Senior Manager, Corporate Relations.
- Coordinate with corporate contacts to design and execute customized volunteer engagement programs
- Collaborate with internal program departments to ensure all deadlines are met, and project planning is on schedule
- Conduct bi-weekly project supply checks at the headquarters of our corporate partner
- Oversee project supply ordering and tracking throughout the summer
- Reserve and confirm office conference rooms, room configuration, and supply delivery
- Communicate regularly with corporate CSR team and volunteer team leaders to provide instruction and answer questions
- Serve as onsite staff manager during select volunteer projects throughout the initiative, which could include classroom management, project setup, and volunteer training
- Track attendance and employee participation for reporting back to the corporate partner
- Schedule and manage busing and transportation for ten volunteer projects throughout May/June/July
- Provide an exceptional level of customer service with all corporate partner interactions
- Support corporate relations team on other service initiatives if time permits
- A minimum of one year managing projects from the planning stage through execution
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, with close attention to detail
- Superior interpersonal communications skills, a proven ability to effectively communicate with senior-level executives, and strong emotional intelligence
- Ability to remain flexible and problem solve in unpredictable situations
- Demonstrated success in working as part of an integrated team
- An understanding of the corporate community, familiarity with corporate hierarchy, timetables, and expectations
- Broad computer skills; knowledge of Salesforce.com, PowerPoint a plus.
- Capable of lifting/carrying supplies and equipment weight up to 15 pounds for events
- A flexible schedule, including the ability to work evenings, early mornings and weekends on occasion
$20 per hour, minimum 35 hours per week, through July 2020
Please submit a cover letter, resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line "Corporate Project Manager." AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply. New York Cares is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.