The Salesforce Administrator is responsible for the configuration and maintenance of the New York Cares’ Salesforce platform as well as ensuring data integrity. This is an integral part of volunteer/donor/project tracking and data management for the organization. The Salesforce Administrator position requires business analyst skills such as meeting with stakeholders, prioritizing requests, managing projects, and translating non-technical requirements to technical audiences and vice-versa. Attention to detail and a high level of organization are a must. This position has the potential to learn more about coding and assist our developers with maintaining our code base.
Examples of potential upcoming projects with Salesforce include updating our version of Nonprofit Success Pack, collaborating with our web developers to improve our Salesforce/Drupal integration, exploring new integrations with Asana and Zendesk, and increasing business process automation using Conga and Zapier.
The position will report to the Director of Technology and collaborate with the other members of the seven-person technology team to meet all the technology needs of New York Cares. Key stakeholders include all New York Cares staff as well as external vendors.
- Designing and implementing technical solutions using Salesforce and related systems to aid the continued growth and success of New York Cares. Including:
- Creating and managing complex workflow rules, data validation, triggers, and flows.
- Creating and troubleshoot customized reports and dashboards.
- Ensuring integrity of the system including ongoing duplicate consolidation and identification of sources of bad data.
- Identifying and configuring apps from the AppExchange that limit the need for extensive custom code.
- Identifying, documenting and automating manual processes currently performed by programmatic staff.
- Maintaining an awareness of how staff use Salesforce and improve the layout and UI to facilitate easy understanding.
- Defining and documenting functional requirements for developers.
- Identifying and helping to implement improvements to our internal department processes.
- Participating in Disaster Recovery and System Continuity planning, implementation, and testing.
- Assisting technology staff in responding to technical emergencies or outages.
- Developing training programs for all staff on Salesforce and other business tools.
- Assisting with the inventory of equipment and help answers general technology department questions when staffing is limited.
- Maintaining and furthering technical knowledge by attending webinars, workshops, and reviewing professional publications.
This list is not an exhaustive job description. It is meant to describe the essential duties and the range of responsibilities for the Salesforce Administrator role. Additional duties may be assigned as needed.
The successful Salesforce Administrator will have the following technical qualifications:
- 3 years working with Salesforce administration.
- Adept at the creation and customization of Salesforce Objects, Record Types, Page Layouts, Fields (including advanced formulas, lookups, and master-detail), Apps, Profiles, Permissions, Users, Approval Processes, Workflows, Flows, Reports, and Dashboards.
- Proficient in data validation and data cleanup techniques.
- Ability to troubleshoot Apex and Visualforce.
- Possess knowledge of UX principles.
- Certified Salesforce Administrator (201) and Conga certification preferred.
And additional qualifications:
- Ability to collaborate with Technology department staff, and across the organization, to determine the most efficient and accurate solution to a problem.
- Understand social nuances, practices, and world views of people of various backgrounds, identities, and cultures.
- Interact with stakeholders in a warm, responsive, and helpful manner.
- Effective project management skills.
- Ability to present solutions and proposals clearly, succinctly and in ways that persuade others.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to translate technical jargon.
- Ability to occasionally work after hours for planned down-time or emergency problem solving.
- Bonus: You have a background in volunteering.
Starting salary is starting in the low 80’s. Salary is just one component of New York Cares total compensation package. We offer generous paid leave including a winter holiday break, self-care days, and summer Fridays; comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage; access to thousands of e-learning courses; tax advantage accounts including a 403b Thrift Plan, FSA and much more.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with "Salesforce Admin" in the subject line.