Seeking ambitious Foundation Relations Officer to oversee a portfolio of 50+ funding partners to maximize revenue for community-based programs. The Officer reports to the Director of Corporate and Institutional Relations.
- Compose and prepare compelling funding proposals to foundations, government entities, and select corporations to secure funding.
- Cultivate and steward relationships with funding contacts to maintain and grow funding partnerships.
- Research and identify new sources of funding to continually build a prospect list for programmatic funding.
- Collaborate with programs departments, senior leadership, and pro bono lobbyists to build and implement robust funding strategy.
- Prepare senior leadership for site visits and introductory meetings with program officers and foundation heads, and lead these meetings when appropriate.
- Oversee organizational implementation of government contracts and quarterly reporting requirements.
- Implement formal stewardship and cultivation plan to ensure key members of the funding community stay apprised of our programs.
- Work with Program staff to track contract and foundation goals and requirements.
- Maintain annual funding/reporting calendar for new and existing institutional funders.
We seek a highly motivated, collaborative, creative thinker, looking for a leadership role in our fundraising operations. Successful candidates will possess:
- A bachelor’s degree and 2-3 years of work experience in the nonprofit sector.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, and ability to listen effectively.
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong editing abilities.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively on projects with minimal day-to-day management.
- Impeccable organizational and analytical skills with, an almost obsessive, attention to detail.
- Comfort managing and initiating a variety of simultaneous projects, while meeting deadlines.
- Broad computer skills (knowledge of Salesforce is a plus).
- Knowledge of local and national foundation community and funding trends, a plus.
Commensurate with experience. Benefits include generous health insurance plan, a retirement plan, and more.
Please submit a cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line Foundation Relations Officer
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
New York Cares is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.