A crucial member of the Institutional Relations team, the Officer, Corporate Relations, works with the corporate team on donor solicitation and stewardship efforts and deepening the prospective donor pipeline. The position is responsible for the creative development, design, implementation, and evaluation of corporate fundraising strategies with 150+ corporate partners to support financial and relationship building goals for New York Cares. The Officer will grow and manage relationships within a portfolio of corporate partners to raise more than $1.5 million for community-based programs. The ideal candidate will be a strategy focused, collaborative fundraiser with a drive to build new funding streams.
- Works closely with the Director, Institutional Relations to set and implement overall strategic direction to advance corporate proposal renewals and new solicitations
- In partnership with the Director, advances equitable fundraising and funding practices by educating institutional supporters.
- Maintain a personal portfolio of donors and prospects with specific financial goals, outreach, and solicitation strategies, and stewardship.•Generate corporate revenue including corporate gifts, grants, sponsorships, matching funds, from a portfolio of approximately 150+ corporate partners. Activities will include:
- Create pitches and write proposals for new and existing corporate partners.
- Lead pitch meetings with new and existing corporate prospects.
- Analyze giving trends and identify opportunities for increased fundraising from portfolio of corporate companies.
- Research new funding sources and design creative strategies to secure new sponsorships.
- Negotiate corporate partnerships to ensure mutually beneficial value.
- Collaborate cross departmentally with programs departments to design and implement corporate volunteering programs and funding packages.
- Act as a lead staff member on corporate employee service projects throughout the year (1-2 times per month during the regular season and once per week during the summer)
- Execute administrative tasks such as gift entry and letter preparation as they relate to funding portfolio.
- Collaborate with Individual Giving team and Marketing and Communications on strategic avenues to expand corporate support.
- Other appropriately related projects/duties as assign
We seek a motivated, creative thinker with direct fundraising experience, who is passionate about engaging corporations to help us achieve our program goals and help them execute their community investment strategies. Successful candidates will possess:
- Three years of fundraising, sales, and/or account management experience.
- Superb communication skills (verbal and written). Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, with high attention to detail.
- Track record of meeting deadlines and successfully managing concurrent projects.
- Knowledge of corporate social responsibility and industry trends.
- A desire to constantly improve processes and methods, and a willingness to be flexible when opportunities arise.
- Committed team player with strong record of collaboration.
- Entrepreneurial – willing to try new approaches and refine when needed.
- Excellent task, time and project management skills, ability to set goals and objectives, and use tools to update projections regularly.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel.
- Experience using Salesforce.org, Mailchimp, Apollo, and/or similar technical systemspreferred.
- Ability to work with highly sensitive, confidential information.
Education/ and or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree. Experience with donor solicitation and fundraising techniques, sales,communications, and marketing. Demonstrated analytical skills related to complex donorresearch.
Mid 60's to low's 70's, competitive package include summer Fridays, and a vacation week between Christmas and New Years.
Apply via Indeed: Corporate Relations Officer.
About the Institutional Relations Team
The Corporate Service Manager is part of a highly motivated fundraising team, focused on securing revenue to support New York Cares’ programs. The team consists of an Institutional Relations Director, Corporate Service Officer, (2) Corporate Relations Officers, and (2) Corporate Service Managers. This creative and dynamic team always strives to come up with innovative ways to engage corporations in our work and invest in our programs, strategies, and visions.