New York Cares seeks an ambitious, passionate front-line fundraiser to join our corporate relations team. The Corporate Relations Officer provides an exciting opportunity to join a team committed to securing critical corporate funds to support our mission to meet community need through volunteerism. The Officer will grow and manage relationships within a portfolio of corporate partners to raise more than $1 million for community-based programs. The ideal candidate will be a strategy-focused, collaborative fundraiser with a drive to build new funding streams.
This role combines fundraising with on-the-ground donor stewardship through the implementation of corporate service engagements, with a highly active service season in May – July.
The Officer reports to the Director of Development, Institutional Relations.
- Steward relationships with corporate contacts to maintain and grow funding partnerships.
- Create pitches and write proposals for new and existing corporate partners.
- Lead pitch meetings with new and existing corporate prospects.
- Collaborate cross departmentally with programs departments to design and implement corporate volunteering programs and funding packages.
- Research new funding sources and design creative strategies to secure new sponsorships.
- Negotiate corporate partnerships to ensure mutually beneficial value.
- Act as a lead staff member on corporate employee service projects throughout the year (1-2 times per month during the regular season and once per week during the summer)
- Execute administrative tasks such as gift entry and letter preparation as they relate to funding portfolio.
We seek a motivated, creative thinker with direct fundraising experience, who is passionate about engaging corporations to help us achieve our program goals and help them execute their community investment strategies.
Successful candidates will possess:
- Three years of fundraising, sales, and/or account management experience.
- Superb communication skills (verbal and written).
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, with high attention to detail.
- Track record of meeting deadlines and successfully managing concurrent projects.
- Knowledge of corporate social responsibility and industry trends.
- A desire to constantly improve processes and methods, and a willingness to be flexible when opportunities arise.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Broad computer skills; knowledge of Salesforce.com, PowerPoint a plus.
Mid-low $50,000’s, competitive vacation and benefits package including summer Fridays and a vacation week between Christmas and New Year’s.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line Corporate Relations Officer.