Reporting to the Officer, Volunteer Relations, the Volunteer Relations Manager is responsible for proper supervision and support of our full volunteer database. New York Cares volunteers mobilize on a variety of projects city-wide, providing support to hundreds of thousands of vulnerable New Yorkers each year. This role is accountable for fostering an environment where volunteers can thrive by providing exceptional customer service across several technology platforms and ensuring that all policies and procedures are upheld. To ensure a great volunteer experience, this role will elicit and provide feedback, and work through volunteer issues as they arise. The Volunteer Relations Manager will monitor volunteer satisfaction and engagement to evaluate the effectiveness of our support systems and other volunteer management functions.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage the coordination of the Volunteer Relations team support across email, phone, Salesforce, and web channels including assisting in account creation, project sign-up, and website troubleshooting.
- Monitor the screening of volunteers to ensure service eligibility for programs.
- Support the development of resources for Program Managers and curate a library of volunteer management resources for staff.
- Enforce policies and procedures with volunteers and Team Leaders.
- Support the resolution of volunteer issues and provide feedback to volunteers as needed.
- Oversee partnerships with organizations that work with special needs populations.
- Respond to volunteer inquiries received across multiple communication channels.
- Support organization-wide initiatives such as Annual Events, Special Events, new volunteer orientations, and intern supervision, as needed.
- Event support and intern supervision, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least two years of relevant professional experience; HS/HS school equivalency plus combination 2 years relevant experience and/or post-secondary training/education considered.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills; Spanish language fluency a plus
- Skilled in and comfortable with public speaking
- Ability to manage many projects simultaneously and to set priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong administrative skills and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), working knowledge of Outlook, and Salesforce a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of stakeholders
- The willingness to work beyond traditional working hours and schedules, including some evenings and weekends
- Event planning experience a plus
- Good sense of humor
- Commitment to volunteerism
The starting salary is $40,000. We provide excellent benefits including comprehensive health insurance, 403(b) employer matching contributions, life insurance, and ample paid time off.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the title of the position, Manager, Volunteer Relations, in the subject line. New York Cares is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Peace Corps & AmeriCorps alumni are encouraged to apply.