Reporting to the Officer, Volunteer Relations, the Volunteer Relations Manager is responsible for the recognition and support of our full volunteer base. New York Cares volunteers mobilize on a variety of projects city-wide, providing support to hundreds of thousands of vulnerable New Yorkers each year. This role is accountable for designing and implementing recognition efforts for volunteers and Team Leaders. Proportional and consistent recognition allows our volunteers to see the impact of their service and feel valued for the work that they do. Volunteer retention is the success measure for an effective recognition program. The Volunteer Relations Manager will track volunteer retention to evaluate the effectiveness of our recognition program and other volunteer management functions.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage the end-to-end process of designing, implementing, and evaluating recognition programs in accordance with the New York Cares volunteer journey, recognizing volunteers with a combination of mailings, emails, and calls throughout their volunteer tenure.
- Support ongoing recognition efforts throughout the organization, including but not limited to the planning of recognition events.
- Provide support to volunteers throughout their experience, including monitoring volunteer evaluations and addressing volunteer concerns.
- Support the planning and execution of city-wide volunteer engagements aimed at creating community among volunteers.
- Respond to general volunteer inquiries received by phone and email.
- Support organization-wide initiatives such as Annual Events, Special Events, new volunteer orientations, and intern supervision, as needed.
- Event support and intern supervision, as needed, and other duties as assigned.
- Draft and issue volunteer service documentation as needed.
- At least two years of relevant professional experience; HS/HS school equivalency plus combination 2 years relevant experience and/or post-secondary training/education considered.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills; Spanish language fluency, a plus.
- Skilled in and comfortable with public speaking.
- Ability to manage many projects simultaneously and to set priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong administrative skills and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), working knowledge of Outlook, and Salesforce a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- The willingness to work beyond traditional working hours and schedules, including some evenings and weekends.
- Event planning experience a plus.
- Good sense of humor.
- Commitment to volunteerism.
Starting salary ranges from the mid- to high- $30ks. We provide excellent benefits including comprehensive health insurance, 403(b) employer matching contributions, life insurance, and ample paid time off.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of the position in the subject line. New York Cares is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Peace Corps & AmeriCorps alumni are encouraged to apply.