We seek an ambitious, creative, and engaging manager to plan and execute multiple special events and fundraising campaigns.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Engage New York Cares’ active young professionals' committee (the Rising Leaders Council) in the planning and execution of several fundraising events throughout the year
- Support Director of Individual Giving and Special Events with the Annual Gala event
- Ensure revenue goals are met by partnering with New York Cares leadership to identify, recruit, manage and steward donors and volunteer fundraising committee members
- Support the development team in identifying, cultivating and managing high-level donor relationships that impact revenue generation
- Manage coordination of correspondence, financial records and statistical reports as needed and facilitate records, evaluations, and reports ensuring revenue is tracked accurately and in a timely manner
- Work with the team to plan and execute fundraising for other annual events, including New York Cares Day for Schools, Coat Drive, Winter Wishes, and others as needed
- Represent New York Cares’ mission and programs to external parties by building and maintaining strong organizational knowledge
The Development Manager will be a highly motivated self-starter capable of tackling all projects with enthusiasm and a commitment to exceptional performance. Successful candidates will have a strong desire to learn, interest in the nonprofit space, and:
- Two or more years of experience in non-profit fundraising, sales, community affairs, community organization, special events, or corporate development
- Superior relationship management skills; able to work independently and collaboratively with a variety of personalities and leadership styles
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to listen effectively
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong proofreading and editing abilities
- Highly organized and professional demeanor
- Collaborative and energetic work style
- Ability to manage concurrent multiple assignments, meet tight deadlines, and prioritize accordingly
- Broad-based computer skills (MS Office required, Salesforce experience highly preferred)
- A flexible schedule, including the ability to work late evenings, early mornings, and occasional weekends as needed
Depending on experience. Benefits include a generous health insurance plan, a retirement plan, and more.
Please submit a cover letter, résumé, salary requirements, and one writing sample to New York Cares, Attn: Director, Individual Giving & Special Events at Development.Department@newyorkcares.org. Candidates must submit all information to be considered. Please include the title of the position in the subject line.
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
New York Cares is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.