We seek an ambitious, creative and engaging fundraising manager to cultivate and steward individual donors to New York Cares.
The Development Manager is part of a highly motivated fundraising team, consisting of a Director, two Managers and a part-time Assistant. This role will execute a number of development activities in individual giving while also supporting special events.
- Ensure revenue goals are met by partnering with New York Cares leadership to identify, recruit, manage and steward donors, including volunteer fundraising committee members
- Serve as primary liaison to the finance team by managing coordination of correspondence, financial records, statistical reports, evaluations and other reports to ensure revenue is tracked accurately and in a timely manner
- Manage the donor acknowledgment process to ensure timely acknowledgment of gifts
- Research and identify high-level donor relationships that impact revenue generation
- Support the primary liaison to the New York Cares Friends Committee and engage them in the planning and execution of two annual Happy Hour fundraisers, other management and event attendance as required
- Support the annual appeals process and serve as the primary point of contact for telemarketing, and/or direct mail. Other avenues as assigned
- Participate in the donor stewardship process, including prospect briefings and research, database entry of pipeline interactions and moves management
- Represent New York Cares’ mission and programs to external parties by building and maintaining strong organizational knowledge
- Ongoing support and/or management of department special events, like New York Cares Day for Schools, and the Annual Benefit
The Development Manager will be a highly motivated self-starter who will tackle all projects with enthusiasm and a commitment to exceptional performance. Successful candidates will have a background in finance and data analytics in addition to an interest in the nonprofit space. Other qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Two or more years of experience in non-profit fundraising, finance, sales, community affairs, special events, or corporate development
- Data focused with an analytical mindset
- Experience with Salesforce database and reporting strongly preferred
- Superior relationship management skills; able to work independently and collaboratively with a variety of personalities and leadership styles
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to listen effectively
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong editing abilities
- Ability to manage concurrent multiple assignments, meet tight deadlines, and prioritize accordingly
- Broad-based computer skills (MS Office required)
- Highly organized and professional demeanor
- Collaborative and energetic work style
- Sense of humor
- A flexible schedule, including the ability to work late evenings, early mornings, and occasional weekends as needed
Depending on experience. Benefits include a generous health insurance plan, a retirement plan, and more.
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
New York Cares is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Please submit cover letter, résumé, salary requirements, and writing sample to New York Cares, Attn: Director, Individual Giving & Special Events at Development.Department@newyorkcares.org.
Candidates must submit all of this information to be considered. Please include the title of the position in the subject line.