The Community Partner Relations Manager is a key member of the Community Partner Relations & Evaluation (CPRE) department and reports to the department’s Associate Director. This growing and dynamic team aims to ensure the successful creation, design, and implementation of programs to maximize social impact, through evaluation and support for our base of nearly 900 Community Partners, the nonprofit organizations, schools and government agencies we work with to develop and deliver programs, and the communities they serve.
This position acts as the lead on Community Partner relationship management and serves as an internal advocate for the Community Partner experience. The Community Partner Relations Manager will also be responsible for developing new systems and strategies to enhance our relationships with partners and ensure effective and responsive programming.
- Manage day-to-day communications through the email@example.com inbox and phone inquiries
- Process partnership agreements and intake of partner requests, and the management of related systems
- Ensure smooth management of cross-programmatic partner relationships, and assist with partner needs assessment
- Manage the ongoing partner recognition and communication strategy, including minimal event planning
- Work closely with the CPRE team to identify trends, evaluate internal and external processes, and propose new strategies for how the organization recruits, supports, and engages Community Partners and their communities
- Oversee partner policy and collaborate with program delivery teams to resolve partner issues as they arise
- Develop new partner cultivation and engagement strategies to ensure meaningful and sustainable partnerships
- Oversee partner data management and tracking in the organization’s Salesforce database
- Remain aware of trends in the landscape of nonprofits, schools, local government, and policy in New York City
- Maintain and update Community Partner webpages as needed
- Supervise interns as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
- Partnership management
- Knowledge of New York City landscape of nonprofits, schools, local government, and policy
- Management of systems and protocols
- Clear and empathetic verbal and written communication
- At least two years of relevant professional experience
- Superior interpersonal, written, and verbal communications skills
- Demonstrated experience modelling a customer service mindset, with experience in relationship management highly encouraged
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of audiences
- Creativity and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills; ability to prioritize and manage many projects simultaneously and to set priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to practice strategic thinking about organization-wide initiatives
- Strong administrative skills, and experience with MS Office, Outlook, and Salesforce preferred
- Background and experience, or interest, in the field of volunteerism and service
- Appreciation for occasional office shenanigans
Starting salary is $38,000 to $40,000 a year. We also provide excellent benefits including comprehensive health insurance, 403(b) employer matching contributions, life insurance, and ample paid time off.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to New York Cares, attn: Community Partner Relations & Evaluation, by email: firstname.lastname@example.org (please include job title in the subject).
New York Cares is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.