The Community Outreach Manager will help the New York Cares Implement bilingual volunteer programming by assisting with bilingual volunteer recruitment, training, and program development for bilingual volunteer projects with pre-identified nonprofits serving senior citizens. This position will run from January through May for 35 hours per week, with some evening and weekend work required.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as the key staff member for volunteer management of bilingual volunteers
- Coordinate with our Vulnerable Populations team to engage bilingual volunteers in working with seniors at five pre-identified nonprofit organizations in Queens, Brooklyn and Manhattan
- Compose recruitment materials designed to attract and engage bilingual volunteers
- Develop training materials for bilingual volunteers participating in this special program
- Work closely with New York Cares program staff to craft programming materials that effectively engage bilingual volunteers while meeting the unique needs of each individual partner
- Carry out a variety of critical administrative tasks related to the position
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Fluent in Spanish, required, other languages a plus;
- Past experience in community engagement or community organizing
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a member of a team;
- General knowledge of MS Office suite
- Knowledge of Salesforce a plus;
- Commitment to volunteerism
$20/hour (35 hours/week). This is a seasonal position that runs from January through May. This is a pilot program, so this position may be extended based upon performance and funding availability.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the title of the position in the subject line.
New York Cares is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Peace Corps & AmeriCorps alumni are encouraged to apply.