Are you passionate about improving the lives of underserved New Yorkers? Are you energized by building community among volunteers who are committed to service? If so, consider joining the Leadership Development team.
Reporting to the Director, Volunteer Relations & Training, the Leadership Engagement Manager is responsible for building community within our volunteer leader (Team Leader) base and for engaging them through a variety of touchpoints. New York Cares Team Leaders mobilize on a variety of projects city-wide, providing support to hundreds of thousands of vulnerable New Yorkers each year.
This role will create an environment where Team Leaders can thrive by providing exceptional customer service across several technology platforms and ensuring that Team Leaders make connections with each other, to the communities that they serve, and to New York Cares.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Digital communication and content creation
- Create/curate and distribute relevant and engaging content monthly through a Team Leader Newsletter and semi-weekly through the Team Leader Digital Forum.
- Design and deliver leadership workshops based on Team Leader interests.
- Develop content for the annual Team Leader Conference.
- Oversee committee / Team Leader meetup events
- Market and evaluate events
- Assist with set up and breakdown of events
- Tracking and evaluation
- Track and analyze Team Leader statuses and status changes (Active, Lapsed)
- Track and analyze Team Leader retention
- Track and analyze Team Leader satisfaction
- Track and analyze Digital Communication engagement metrics
- Track and analyze event metrics and feedback
- Volunteer Management
- Develop and manage new and innovative volunteer roles for Team Leaders to engage and support the Team Leader community (e.g. Peer support for first projects, mentor opportunities, communities of practice, cause/community-based committees)
- Respond to Team Leader inquiries through Leadership@newyorkcares.org email account.
- Support organization-wide initiatives such as Annual Events, Special Events, new volunteer orientations, and intern supervision, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least two years of relevant professional experience; HS/HS school equivalency plus combination 2 years relevant experience and/or post-secondary training/education considered.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills; Spanish language fluency a plus
- Skilled in and comfortable with public speaking
- Ability to manage many projects simultaneously and to set priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong administrative skills and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), working knowledge of Outlook and Salesforce a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of stakeholders
- The willingness to work beyond traditional working hours and schedules, including some evenings and weekends
- Event planning experience a plus
- Good sense of humor
- Commitment to volunteerism
Starting salary is $40,000. We provide excellent benefits including comprehensive health insurance, 403(b) employer matching contributions, life insurance, and ample paid time off.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the title of the position in the subject line. New York Cares is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Peace Corps & AmeriCorps alumni are encouraged to apply.