Reporting to the Director of Technology, the IT Support intern will support the day-to-day technology needs of the organization and gain first-hand experience across a range of technology domains including network infrastructure, cybersecurity and data management.
- Assist the Technology Manager with updating equipment inventory, preparing workstations for new staff, troubleshooting equipment problems, and assessing future equipment needs.
- Create documentation and online training for onboarding new staff.
- Assist the Technology Manager in documenting new cybersecurity initiatives, with identifying cybersecurity threats and mitigating vulnerabilities.
- Assist the Salesforce Admin with data clean up projects and running Salesforce training programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current or recent college student with an interest in technology.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Self-starter with a demonstrated ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to translate technical jargon.
- Excellent customer service skills.
We are looking for a candidate who can commit to a regular schedule of approximately 8-12 hours a week starting in early June and lasting through late August. This is an unpaid position.
To apply please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “IT Support Intern” as the subject line. New York Cares is an Equal Opportunity/Affiirmative Action Employer.