Do you have a passion for photo and video production? Do you enjoy being creative and generating content that brings a nonprofit’s work to life? Do you understand how to capture moments and tell compelling stories that engage a digital audience?
Our Communications team is looking for a creative and dynamic Photo & Video Production Intern who can work in a fast-paced environment and support our team’s mission to build awareness and increase engagement with a variety of New York Cares’ constituents. The ideal candidate has experience with both photo and video shooting and editing.
Reporting to the Creative Lead, the Photo & Video Production Intern will work alongside our team of three to capture footage, produce content, and organize systems that advance our organization’s ability to mobilize caring New Yorkers in volunteer service throughout New York City. From attending volunteer projects to conducting interviews and much more, this intern will help capture and tell the story of our work in action.
- Develop creative content alongside our in-house marketing and communications team
- Organize, plan and run photo and video productions
- Conduct video interviews with volunteers, nonprofit partners, and a variety of other constituents
- Photograph volunteer projects, fundraisers, and other events, as needed
- Edit photo and video content
- Organize and maintain a content library
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience with DSLR or another camera
- Experience with post production software (Adobe Premiere Pro) or a willingness to learn
- Experience with audio editing software (Adobe Audition) or a willingness to learn
- An understanding of a variety of social media platforms
- Strong computer skills and ability to learn quickly
- An understanding of narrative pacing, transitions and other basic video editing skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to manage many projects simultaneously
- Strong people skills (an ability to interview) and a sense of humor
- Professional and positive demeanor, both in-person and over the phone
- Graphic animation (Adobe After effects) experience a plus
- Great office environment with the opportunity to work cross-departmentally
- Work directly with volunteers, nonprofits, donors, and a variety of constituents
- Flexible scheduling
- Opportunity to become a New York Cares volunteer
- Receive volunteer credit for internship hours
- Gain experience in written communication
- Salesforce database training
- Learn how to develop creative processes and storytelling workflows
- Learn how to tell better stories through video
- Assist in the engagement of a volunteer base of over 65,000 and social community of over 200,000
This is an unpaid internship. 15–20 hours a week from late January 2019 to early May 2019 (spring semester). The schedule is flexible and volunteer credit is offered.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org (subject: Intern, Photo & Video Production) and include a link to a portfolio site or some other samples of your video or photography work.