A great opportunity for an individual who wants to help make an impact on the 45% of New Yorkers living near or below the poverty line.
The New York Cares Development Team is seeking an ambitious and creative Development Associate Intern to help cultivate and steward individual donors to New York Cares, while also supporting our annual special events and overall fundraising activities. The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in individual giving, event and project management, volunteerism, and making a positive impact on New York City.
This cycle, the Development Associate Intern will support our major annual events including the Gala, the Coat Drive, the Annual Appeal and other campaigns as needed.
- Assist in acknowledging and thanking donors
- Maintain donor records and data hygiene
- Research current and prospective donors
- Data collection and analysis
- Enhance and staff donor events
- Assist in developing and copyediting solicitations
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Experience and interest in nonprofit organizations, event planning, fundraising, and/or volunteer management
- Experience with fundraising CRM a plus, Salesforce preferred but not required
- Self-starter with a demonstrated ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Superior organizational and project management skills and attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Experience and/or interest in hands-on volunteer service
- Professionalism in person, on the phone, and via email
- Sense of humor
- Candidates must have a Social Security Number for the GoPass background check
A minimum of 15 hours per week is required. Internships are unpaid; however, students may earn academic credit.
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Development Associate Intern” in the subject line.