The Corporate Relations team creates and manages corporate service programs for approximately 150 corporate sponsors throughout the year. In addition, the team applies for and manages corporate, foundation, and government grants in support of all New York Cares programming. The Corporate Relations Intern will report to a Corporate Service Manager and support the department by staffing corporate service projects throughout the city, researching and supporting relationships with foundation and government funders, and executing critical administrative tasks.
- Maintaining project attendance and impact records;
- Assembling and preparing reports for city and state agencies on current funding contracts;
- Working in funder portals to upload documentation for compliance;
- Leading small groups of corporate volunteers;
- Coordinating supply distribution;
- Researching prospective sponsors and funders;
- Coordinating project logistics;
- Serving as an ambassador and advocate for New York Cares; and
- Updating sponsor information in Salesforce.com database.
- At least two years progress towards a Bachelor’s Degree;
- Excellent public speaking and crowd management skills;
- Exceptional verbal and interpersonal communications skills;
- Experience and interest in non-profit organizations, event planning, or volunteer management;
- Superior organizational and project management skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to remain flexible in potentially unpredictable situations;
- Ability to juggle concurrent multiple assignments and prioritize accordingly;
- Experience and interest in hands-on volunteer service;
- Broad-based computer skills (database experience a plus);
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team; and
- Professional demeanor, both in person and on the telephone.
We are looking for an intern who can commit to a regular schedule of approximately 8-15 hours a week starting in mid-September. This is an unpaid position, but an unlimited use MetroCard for the NYC MTA transit system will be provided.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Corporate Relations Intern” in the Subject line. New York Cares is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. No calls, please.