We seek an ambitious, creative, and engaging manager to plan and execute multiple special events and fundraising campaigns.
The Development Manager is part of a highly motivated fundraising team, consisting of the Chief Development Officer, a Director of Development, a Development Officer, and Development Coordinator. This role will execute a number of development activities in special events and individual giving.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work with the team to plan and execute fundraising for other annual events, including the annual Gala, New York Cares Day for Schools, Coat Drive, Winter Wishes, and others as needed
- Manage the annual appeals process, including direct mail, e-mail, telemarketing, monthly giving, workplace giving, and matching gift solicitations, and other avenues as assigned
- Support the development team in identifying, cultivating, and stewarding high-level donor relationships that impact revenue generation, including prospect briefings and research, database entry of pipeline interactions and moves management
- Manage coordination of correspondence, financial records and statistical reports as needed and facilitate records, evaluations, and reports ensuring revenue is tracked accurately and in a timely manner
- Other duties as assigned, including ongoing support of department special events for the Rising Leaders Council and others.
- Participate in the donor stewardship process
- Represent New York Cares’ mission and programs to external parties by building and maintaining strong organizational knowledge
The Development Manager will be a highly motivated self-starter who will tackle all projects with enthusiasm and a commitment to exceptional performance. Successful candidates will have a strong desire to learn, interest in the nonprofit space, and:
- Two or more years of experience in non-profit fundraising, sales, community affairs, community organization, special events, or corporate development
- Superior relationship management skills; able to work independently and collaboratively with a variety of personalities and leadership styles
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to listen effectively
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong proofreading and editing abilities
- Highly organized and professional demeanor
- Collaborative and energetic work style
- Ability to manage concurrent multiple assignments, meet tight deadlines, and prioritize accordingly
- Broad-based computer skills (MS Office required, Salesforce experience highly preferred)
- A flexible schedule, including the ability to work late evenings, early mornings, and occasional weekends as needed
Low 40s. We provide excellent benefits including comprehensive health insurance, 403(b) employer matching contributions, life insurance, and ample paid time off.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and a writing sample by email to email@example.com, with the subject line Development Manager, Individual Giving and Special Events
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
New York Cares is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.