We seek a highly organized, enthusiastic and analytical Development Coordinator to support and help grow our development department.
The Development Coordinator reports to the Development Officer and is part of a small and highly motivated fundraising team, consisting also of a Development Director, Development Officer and Development Manager. This role will support the Development Department in the execution of fundraising activities in special events and individual giving.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee the acknowledgment process from start to finish, ensuring donors are thanked in a timely manner
- Update donor records in Salesforce, maintaining the integrity of data, sometimes necessitating communication with donors to ensure proper contact information is listed
- Liaise with Finance department to manage incoming checks and conduct monthly reconciliation, ensuring adherence to fiduciary best practices
- Conduct semi-annual Salesforce audits to ensure development data is accurate and complete
- Support Development Director in moves management tracking
- Updating acknowledgment text on a regular basis to be consistent with New York Cares ongoing mission messaging
- Maintain monthly revenue reports to the Development Team for proper financial reporting
- Support revenue generation around special events with coordination of online event platforms, outreach, and prize management
- Provide general administrative support to the development team including, but not limited to: special events, online giving platforms, committee meeting prep, hosted events, annual fundraising events, uploading and exporting lists, etc.
- Oversee Cares Champions campaign, corporate matching gifts process, workplace giving campaigns to maximize revenue
- Represent New York Cares’ mission and programs to external parties by building and maintaining strong organizational knowledge
- Other duties as assigned
The Development Coordinator will be a highly motivated self-starter who will tackle all projects with enthusiasm and a commitment to exceptional performance. Successful candidates will have a desire to learn and improve organizational systems, interest in the nonprofit space, and:
- Exceptional attention to detail with a high-level proofreading and editing abilities
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a high level of curiosity
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to listen effectively
- Highly organized and professional demeanor
- Collaborative and energetic work style
- Ability to manage concurrent multiple assignments, meet tight deadlines, and prioritize accordingly
- Broad-based computer skills (MS Office required; Salesforce, MailChimp, and Stripe a plus)
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line Development Coordinator, Individual Giving and Special Events
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
New York Cares is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.