We are seeking an exemplary project manager with strong donor relations skills to join our Institutional Relations Team. This role provides critical support in reaching aggressive revenue goals of the development team. Reporting to the Corporate Service Officer, the Corporate Service Manager is responsible for co-managing a 40+ account portfolio of New York Cares corporate partners. They will help run our volunteer service program for employees from partnering companies by overseeing several hundred volunteer projects from initial conception through close every year. The Corporate Service Manager has the potential to collaborate on cross-departmental committees, participate in long term team planning, and develop new skills in fundraising operations.
The Corporate Service Manager will report to the Corporate Service Officer, and work closely with the Corporate Relations Officers, Institutional Relations Director, other Corporate Service Manager, and Programs team. The Corporate Service Manager will correspond directly with corporate partners.
- Serve as the point of contact for partner companies to plan and execute their service engagements, overseeing all project logistics.
- Lead corporate volunteer groups on-site at corporate service engagements and be able to quickly identify and solve problems if they arise.
- Build meaningful corporate partner relationships through stewardship efforts such well-planned communication of New York Cares programs and volunteer opportunities, as well as provide regular recognition of volunteer efforts.
- Collaborate with program directors, officers, and coordinators regularly to coordinate corporate project planning, brainstorm program options in response to community need, maintain and meet important deadlines, and resolve common project management problems.
- Balance deadlines and communications with concurrent projects that range from individual volunteer programs to large scale volunteer initiatives.
- Collect and synthesize information from internal and external stakeholders to enable strategic decision making for future corporate service engagements.
- Use data analysis tools like Salesforce to analyze qualitative or quantitative data. Create and share impact reports with internal and external stakeholders.
- Work with multiple teammates who co-manage accounts and projects.
- Align the preferences of our partner companies with the needs of our community through written and verbal communication.
This list is not an exhaustive job description. It is meant to describe the essential duties and the range of responsibilities for the Corporate Service Manager role. Additional duties may be assigned as needed.
The successful Corporate Service Manager will come with:
- A Bachelor’s Degree and 2+ years’ experience (or high school equivalency and 5+ years’ experience) in project, event, or account management.
- Superb communication skills, with comfortability in-person, via phone and email. Interacting with stakeholders in a warm, responsive, and helpful manner.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills. Demonstrated ability to prioritize and plan work activities, use time efficiently, follow instructions, and responds to management direction.
- Desire to collaborate with team members and cross-departmentally.
- Ability to easily and quickly build rapport and trust. Foster good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, potential clients, and partners.
- Ability to take ownership of role responsibilities. Follows through on commitments and obligations. Executes through completion.
- Ability to face problems with a solutions-focused mindset.
- An understanding of social nuances, practices, and world views of people of various backgrounds, identities, and cultures.
- Ability to occasionally lift materials no heavier than 25 pounds as well be prepared for prolonged standing or sitting during volunteer engagements.
- Availability to occasionally work mornings, evenings, and weekends for volunteer engagements,
- Broad based computer skills including Excel, and PowerPoint; Salesforce and QuickBooks a plus.
- Knowledge of corporate giving trends or the NYC nonprofit community is a plus.
Starting salary range in the mid $40k’s. Salary is just one component of New York Cares total compensation package. We offer generous paid leave including a winter holiday break, self-care days, and summer Fridays; comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage; access to thousands of e-learning courses; tax advantage accounts including a 403b Thrift Plan, FSA and much more.
Apply via our Indeed posting: Corporate Service Manager.
About the Institutional Relations Team
The Corporate Service Manager is part of a highly motivated fundraising team, focused on securing revenue to support New York Cares’ programs. The team consists of an Institutional Relations Director, Corporate Service Officer, (2) Corporate Relations Officers, and (2) Corporate Service Managers. This creative and dynamic team always strives to come up with innovative ways to engage corporations in our work and invest in our programs, strategies, and visions.