The Corporate Programs Manager provides a unique opportunity to straddle the worlds of Corporate Social Responsibility and nonprofit management. The Manager will oversee employee volunteer engagements for a global financial service firm in NYC, serving as a dual member of a corporate CSR team and New York Cares corporate relations team. The manager will collaborate with internal corporate stakeholders and a network of nonprofit partners to implement a yearlong service program for corporate employees. The ideal candidate will have previous success in managing programs and communications in mission-driven environments. Experience in both the corporate and nonprofit sectors will be advantageous to communicate with constituents that have varying needs and priorities. The Corporate Programs Manager (CPM) will report to a New York Cares Corporate Relations Officer and an executive on our corporate sponsor’s Foundation team. Additionally, the CPM will split their time between the New York Cares (25% of the time) and sponsor company offices (75% of the time).
- Serve as the main point of contact for sponsor firm’s employee service activities, including scheduling, planning, and executing logistics.
- Communicate with corporate sponsor departments to determine service activity preferences and plan a calendar of service engagements.
- Compile quarterly employee engagement reports to ensure annual employee service goals are met.
- Lead corporate volunteer groups at corporate service engagements and be able to quickly identify and solve problems if they arise.
- Balance deadlines and communications with concurrent projects that range from individual volunteer programs to large scale volunteer initiatives.
- Coordinate volunteer activities between the sponsor firm and NYC-based nonprofits.
- Collaborate with New York Cares program directors, officers, and managers regularly to coordinate corporate project planning, brainstorm program options in response to community need and solve problems.
- Provide an exceptional level of customer service with all corporate partner interactions.
- Perform other tasks that align with core responsibilities.
- You have 2-3 years of project, event, or account management experience, preferably in the corporate and nonprofit sectors.
- You are a superb communicator - eloquence on the phone, via email, and professional demeanor in person is a requirement.
- You're highly independent yet a team player.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and matrixed reporting lines.
- Accountability is your middle name.
- You are a natural problem solver, who keeps calm in a storm.
- You have exceptional organizational skills.
- You’re able to occasionally work mornings, evenings, and weekends.
- Occasional movement of materials up to 15 pounds as well as standing for stretches of time is required.
- You have broad-based computer skills including Excel, and PowerPoint; Salesforce and Cybergrants a plus.
- Knowledge of and interest in Corporate Social Responsibility is preferred.
To apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume by email to email@example.com, with the subject line Corporate Programs Manager