Community Partner Coordinators are on the ground at partner locations, fostering strategic partnerships to expand our portfolio and demonstrate the value of New York Cares as an essential partner to the communities we serve.
You will report to the Community Partnerships Officer. You will serve on the Community Partnership team; and will frequently collaborate with the Volunteer Events, Associate of Community Partnerships and Volunteer Relations teams.
The core of your responsibility will be to manage New York Cares community partner relationships and maintain volunteer projects for your assigned portfolio. You will:
- Maintain on-going contact with partners to elicit feedback, improve our service and ensure we are meeting their needs.
- Engage partners on-the-ground to observe projects and ensure good service compliance: Conduct site visits; Observe the volunteer projects of the partners in your portfolio; Help staff volunteer projects.
- Reinforce New York Cares’ safety and volunteer project guidelines to partners.
- Troubleshoot and resolve low-level community partner issues.
- Confirm program logistics (e.g. date, time, location, number of volunteers etc.) for new partners.
- Manage partner changes for their volunteer projects.
- Maintain updated contact and partner information in Salesforce.
- Keep partners updated on new programing options, requirements, and outlines.
- Identify partners for special project events.
- Participate in relevant local community coalition meetings, events, workshops, etc.
- Collaborate with peers to advance the goals of New York Cares programs.
- Support data collection needs for specific initiatives, projects, and the organization.
- Occasionally work outside of normal business hours (e.g. some evenings, and weekends)
This is not an exhaustive list of job responsibilities. It is meant to describe the essential duties and the range of responsibilities for the Community Partnership Coordinator role. Additional duties may be assigned as needed.
The successful Community Partner Coordinator will have previous experience in relationship management. This position requires:
- Experience working in community outreach facing roles or for community-based organizations, ornonprofits.
- Effective ability to work with a dynamic team to initiate and engage partners in a wide range of causespaces and services.
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated follow through on projects and tasks.
- Excellent technical skills- MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Email.
- Experience with data entry and customer relationship management platforms preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and human relations skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated cultural competency and ability to work with people from a variety of different ethnic, socioeconomic, educational, religious, sexual orientation, and generational backgrounds.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule; some evenings and weekends required
- Must be willing and able to travel to various partner locations throughout NYC on public transportation.
- Spanish proficiency preferred but not required.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs
- Must be able to walk, stand and sit for long periods of time
- Must be able to walk up and down several flights of steps
- Exposure to the outdoors and inclement weather is possible
Starting salary is $45K. Salary is just one component of New York Cares total compensation package. We offer generous paid leave including a winter holiday break, self-care days, and summer Fridays; comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage; access to thousands of e-learning courses; tax advantage accounts including a 403b Thrift Plan, FSA and much more.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com (subject: Community Partner Coordinator).