The Associate Director of Community Engagement will report directly to the Director of Community Relations. This role will oversee the execution and management of New York Cares relationships with strategic partners with our focus zones initiatives. This role will also oversee the assignment of special projects, that are aligned with strategy to impact focus zones goals and manage a 3-person team of Community Engagement Associates.
- Identify and/or lead key projects focusing on Community engagement such as the management of special projects – such as but not limited to:
- distribution of in-kind resources to key strategic partners throughout the focus zones.
- Host Stakeholder Engagements & Community Roundtables to deepen our relationships in the communities we serve
- Work closely with the Director of Community Relations to identify, evaluate, and develop new city-wide partnership opportunities to further our strategic objectives.
- Work with the Director to shape Community Engagement strategy and to develop goals around relationship development and participation in community events and engagements for their assigned communities
- In partnership with the Director, set goals and ensure the success indicators for the focus zones are met
- In partnership with the specialist, identify leads for potential corporate group projects, and develop process for collaboration between Community Partners and Corporate Partners
- Provide support to the Engagement specialist for the development of the Volunteer Community Liaison model, a volunteer leadership role for conducting outreach and engagement on behalf of New York Cares.
- Communicates regularly to Marketing and Communications on the characteristics of the communities we serve.
- Collaborates closely with other directors to ensure effective cross department collaboration.
- Attend/participate in identified key community activities and professional conferences/meetings concerned with the development and implementation of Partnerships
- Plays an active role in internal and external communication of goals and achievements
- Attends events held and/or attended by strategic partners to identify partner needs and explore way to foster the relationship.
- Highly customer and community centric and culturally competent focus in high stakes environments. Has a demonstrated ability of social nuances, practices, and world views of people of various backgrounds, identities, and cultures. Leverages that understanding to effectively interact with people within diverse communities. Models and promotes a continued awareness of social and racial justice issues facing the people in communities served by New York Cares.
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of three years’ work experience; HS/HS school equivalency plus combination 6 years relevant experience and/or post-secondary training/education considered.
- 5+ years of experience in relevant areas, such as community engagement, community organizing, stakeholder management
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills; Spanish language fluency, a plus
- Ability to manage many projects simultaneously and to set priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), working knowledge of Outlook, and Salesforce a plus
- Willingness to work beyond traditional working hours and schedules, including some evenings and weekends.
Starting salary range in the low to mid $80,000s. Salary is just one component of New York Cares total compensation package. We offer generous paid leave including a winter holiday break, self-care days, and summer Fridays; comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage; access to thousands of e-learning courses; tax advantage accounts including a 403b Thrift Plan, FSA and much more.