These safety instructions are being implemented on all New York Cares projects as part of our response to COVID-19.
In efforts to protect the health and safety of our volunteers, clients, and communities, we are requiring that all New York Cares Community Partners adhere to the following safety protocols:
- Have accessible hand washing stations and/or hand sanitizer easily accessible
- Instruct volunteers to wash their hands upon entering your building
- Visible display of preventive measures (downloadable from the PDF in the sidebar)
- Ensure that bathrooms and shared spaces are deep-cleaned and disinfected as per the General Disinfection Guidance for Commercial or Residential Buildings
- Limit convening in populated areas, such as, waiting rooms, lobbies, etc.
- All directives and recommendations pertaining to COVID-19 issued by NYC Health or other relevant City agencies must be followed such as allowing for 6 feet of distance between people
Important Reminders to Keep in Mind
If someone at your site has been exposed to or tested positive for COVID-19, inform your Program Manager immediately. You can also reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (212) 228-5000.
Communicate with Program Managers as changes occur via email and phone, such as:
- Low volunteer attendance
- Shifted or additional programmatic needs
- Other concerns