Volunteers provide crucial services in every borough. Start giving back in your community and make a difference.
Please note: You must be at least 18 years old to participate in our year-round volunteering. See our Days of Service and Youth Service Clubs to learn more about youth opportunities.
How Can I Help?
Get to work on a wide variety of projects. Give back by:
- Helping homeless kids get their first library cards.
- Tutoring children and adults.
- Playing sports with children lacking access to recreational facilities.
- Cleaning up parks, schools, and beaches.
- Teaching financial literacy and job skills to low-income adults.
- Befriending lonely and isolated seniors.
- Preparing and serving meals to the hungry.
- Caring for abused and neglected animals.
- Rebuilding after Hurricane Sandy.
We Make Volunteering Easy
Volunteer whenever you can. Every hour you give helps.
- One-time Projects – Many of our projects are ongoing and require no commitment; simply volunteer as often as you can.
- Short-term Commitment – Some children or adult education projects require a four to six week commitment.
- Long-term Commitment – Projects such as the Kaplan SAT Prep and Tax Prep require longer commitments, from six months to a full academic year.
- Volunteer as a Group – The more the merrier. Let us know you'd like to volunteer as a group by filling out this form.